As of today we have three more weeks to go until our birth mom's (Emma) due date! Three weeks and counting down. I think if we could choose, and probably Emma too, we would be just fine if the little guy came early too. We are SO excited!
This last week we spent a day with Emma, and she invited us to see an ultrasound of the baby. Amazing! I'm so thankful for her faith in us, and trust. I am forever grateful that she shares those little special moments with us. I can't put into words how it feels to see his little hands and feet on the screen. Incredible!
Emma has also been able to meet both of our immediate families. I am sure we are quite the interesting bunch, but I love our family, so I knew that they would enjoy meeting her as well. I think she wasn't too scared. :-) Jk When Emma met the Measom side of the family, my brother Kevin brought in this awesome fruit platter. They carved out a watermelon to make it look like a baby in a bassinet. It was so cute, and very creative. We all loved it. The pacifier in the cantaloupe baby's mouth was the most entertaining!
As far as a name goes we are thinking of two: Aaron Jay, or Nathan Jay. I think Aaron Jay is winning right now though. We really like the sound of it. Plus we have a really good friend named Aaron, so we can't go wrong there.
In other news, Jesse, is currently at a place called O&A for those of you who didn't know. It means observation and assessment. After his court date the judge ordered him to go there so they could watch, assess, observe his behavior to see what is making the kid tick. It has been hard, but we really feel like this is the answer to our prayers with finding something/someone that will be able to help him. He goes to court again on the 4th of June so we will have to wait until then to see what they judge says about where he will go after this. We get to visit him weekly though, and he is pushing his limits, but I am hoping that he is slowly understanding that he really does want to be at home, and that it really is a good thing to follow the rules. Just pray for Jesse.
Other than that, we keep moving forward. Nate has only one more semester of nursing school left! This summer he is doing his "internship", and the specialty hospital in Provo. He was glad to get that assignment and not home/health. In August he will graduate, and in the fall be able to start working as a nurse full time! Yeah!
I'm just finishing out the school year. I also get my fill of my wonderful nephews and nieces. This last weekend I babysat Kyson for a day. We had a blast, we played in the sand, played with the dogs, went on a walk, and went grocery shopping. Fun, fun. This picture below is Kyson giving me a big cheeser during lunch. I love that kid's smile! That's our update for now. We will keep you all posted on how things go.
Hey! I hope that everything goes smoothly with this little baby and with Jesse!! I', so sorry about Jesse. It was the same with my sister. It was a really hard situation. You are in our prayers! Love you!
ReplyDelete-Cami