First we drove down to St. George. We timed our vacations just right, because the weather was incredible the entire week we were gone. While in St. George we relaxed by the pool, and went rock climbing (which we hadn't done for WAY too long) in the black cliffs just outside of St. George. We got there and set up our climb and started on the wall. I was really grateful that we were the only ones out there that day, because I am sure we looked extremely silly, not have climbed in over a year.
| Nate climbs a crack. |
I am straddling two walls here trying to figure out just where in the world I am going to grab for my next hole. The picture makes me kinda look like I know what I am doing, but I really don't.
After we spent a couple of days in St. George we drove down to Phoenix to visit my cousin Cambree and her husband Josh, and their little guy Nathan. Cambree and I have always been really close and it had been way to long since we had been able to do something together so this was perfect! They were kind enough to let us stay out their house, and after 30 minutes or so their son Nathan came to terms with the fact that cousin Nate was a "big" Nate and not a little friend like he wanted. After that he loved us. :-) We went out to eat at a fantastic Mexican restaurant, visited Josh's art exhibit (which was amazing!), and we went to a spring ball game with Aaron and Heather, our good friends!
After a couple of days with Cambree and Josh we headed down to Tuscon Arizon to visited more with Aaron, Heather, and their little girl Hadley. Aaron and Nate are good friends from high school, and we love spending time with them! It has been less often then we like, but this was a great opportunity to see them. Aaron works for Arizona fish and game and we took us out in the desert to go shooting. We had a blast! This was my first time shooting any gun really. I liked it! Maybe I was to comfortable with it. Aaron was a good teacher too. We shot 4 or 5 different kinds of guns, but the big rifle was my favorite.
![]() |
| Nate shooting an AR 15 |
| Aaron helping Kel out |
Finally at the end of our trip we were able to go out to Nate's great grandma's ranch, in a canyon called AriaVipa Canyon. He loved going there as a kid, and has talked about it for years, so it was cool to see it. First we went and met his great uncle Burl. He was hilarious! I loved talked with him. He showed us a bunch of pictures and told some great stories. I am glad we got to see him. Below is us with uncle Burl. :-)
Here are a few pictures of the ranch. We ended our vacation on a good note. We had so much fun! I can't wait to go back sometime.
![]() |
| Nate and Kel in front of his grandma's old house on the ranch. |
![]() |
| Kel looking at pictures at the ranch |




No comments:
Post a Comment