Saturday, May 26, 2012

Meet Aaron Jay Mansanarez!

With long anticipation, and through much prayer and fasting, we are proud to introduce our son, Aaron Jay Mansanarez!
There are simply no words to describe the events of this last week. Nate and I have been swimming in the spirit of love and family. We have waited a long time for Aaron, and we are so very grateful to have him. We just can't stop loving him and kissing him. He is are little bit of heaven. 
I know I could not share our adoption experience, and the birth of our son with just my words. It' s something that is hard to understand unless you have been through it. So in an attempt to share with our loved ones, the best thing that has every happened to us, we will tell our story through pictures. 


CAUTION
You may want to grab a box of tissues for this.





 
Aaron Jay Mansanarez was born on May 22nd, 2012 at 3:29 pm. He weighed 8 lbs 10 oz and he was 21 1/2 inches long. Nate and I were with Emma (Aaron's birth mother) through the entire labor. She blessed us to be a part of her and his life every step of the way.

 After Aaron was born, Emma surprised us by telling us that Nate would be the one to cut the cord. Emma gave me the blessing of being the first one to hold Aaron. Holding Aaron for the first time was like feeling all of the good things that ever happen to you in your life all at the same moment. Aaron was very alert and kept his eyes wide open for the first two hours after he was born.


 Nate's first time holding his new little boy! Aaron just stared at him. They both couldn't keep their eyes off each other. And of course, Nate couldn't stop smelling him.

 Aaron was wide awake and looking all around him as he entered this life. He also loves to play with his tongue.

 When the nurses took Aaron back to the nursery to be cleaned up, checked out, and given shots, only one of us got to go into the nursery. Seeing that I had the security band on, Nate had to wait outside the window and look longingly at us. Eventually the Nurses asked, "Is that Dad?" I said, "Yes", and they just smiled and motioned for him to come on in. I guess his sad little puppy face was enough to melt the hearts of the nurses to break the rules and let him in.

 Aaron's bath in the hospital. He was just a good boy. He hardly cried, and he actually likes the water running over his head. Even when they gave him his shots he hardly cried at all. He's so brave.


 One of my first moments with my little angle Aaron.There are simple no words for this.


 This was when we got to spend an hour or so right after Aaron was born with him, us, and his birth parents Emma and JT. What a special moment to have Aaron be with them. We love these two people more than words can say!

Jesse made a hat for Aaron to wear. We told him we would make sure that he got to wear it for sure. I was a little shocked Jesse made a hat, but so happy that he did. Isn't he cute?

 Aaron with his Grammy Tara for the first time!

 Aaron with Grandpa Jay, and Grandma Tracy. This is one of the wonderful men that Aaron Jay is named after!

 Aaron with Grandma Sherry. Grandpa (Pa Pa) Lorin also got to see Aaron in hospital. He too is one of the great men that Aaron is named after.

 Aaron's first time eating. He did such a great job eating in the hospital. He was a hungry little boy and has not struggled one bit learning how to take a bottle, or a pacifier. He makes the cutest noises while he eats too.

 On Thursday we did our placement with Emma, JT, us, and Aaron. This day was full of love. We shed a lot of tears, and gave a lot of hugs. The spirit that was with us was overwhelming. Nate and I have never had a more incredible spiritual experience than this.

One thing I wanted to do for Emma was make her something that she could have that would always help her remember Aaron, and bring her close to him. So I made a large quilt. Which was quite the task seeing that when I started I didn't even know how to thread a sewing machine. When we got to placement I gave a pair of scissors to Emma, and had her cut the quilt in half. Half of the quilt for her, and half of the quilt for us. Now she always has a piece of something that Aaron has as well. It was a very special moment.

 JT, Emma, Kelli, and Nate. We each have our part of the quilt. We also gave Emma a necklace with a tree pendent on it. I have the same necklace too. We chose a tree because for us it represents that even though we are not always together, Emma and JT are forever a part of our family tree. I have been wearing my pendant ever since.

 These are Emma's parents, Ken and Cindy. They have been such an amazing support for Emma. While we were at the hospital we were blessed to meet all of JT's family, and some of Emma's family too. Each of them were loving, supportive, and kind to us. How great are the blessing from our Father in Heaven! He has truly watched over each of us during this whole experience.

 Birth mom, and mom sharing a special moment with Aaron.
He has so much love! So many people who love him more than anything.
 Sharing a few moments together in the hospital at placement. WE LOVE EMMA!

 What a great looking group! We all got to be together and give Aaron all of our love.

 Aaron is what this was all about. We each love him! Nate and I are so thankful for Emma's and JT's faith in us. They are two of the most amazing people you could ever meet. I wish all of our loved ones could know them. You would only be a better person if you did.

Our new little family!
This was taken right after placement. We have never been so overcome with joy, and happiness, and also so much love.

 After Emma and JT left we checked out of the hospital and got ready to bring Aaron home.

Aaron's first car ride. Mommy loves you Aaron!

Daddy Nate bringing Aaron into the house for the first time. We just can't stop taking pictures of every moment.

 Thursday the 24th of May at 7:45 pm Aaron, Kelli, and Nate all made it home. The car ride went perfectly, Aaron slept the whole way home. When we got home some of our immediate family members came over to see us. 

 
This is Aaron's first time with is aunt Brenda.

 
 Aaron being held by his aunt Tara... No that is not me, and yes Tara and I go look alike!  :-)

 Aaron and his aunt Andrea. He was getting so much love!

Auntie Jen and Aaron! They just couldn't wait to meet.

 Grandpa Lorin Jay Measom and Aaron just hanging out.

Uncle Kevin and Aaron. Two handsome guys for sure.

 Aaron with is aunt Jenna. He just make everyone smile.

Here I am with Aaron and all of the wonderful women in my immediate family. They have all be so supportive and loving!

 Cousin Cooper giving Aaron a kiss. Cooper just kept walking around saying, "Aaron!"

 Cousin Mia holding Aaron. She is going to make a great babysitter. :-)

 Cousin Rachel and Aaron. She must like to smell little babies too, just like Nate.

 Cousin Blake holding Aaron with help from Nate. Blake thought Aaron was pretty cool. He asked if he could take him home. I don't think so!

 Great grandparents Pat and Lee Jarman also came to visit Aaron. Great grandma Pat made Aaron a baby quilt.

 4 generations. Aaron, Nate, Tara, and Pat and Lee.

 Aaron with is aunt Emilee.

Auntie Kate and Aaron. Kate is one of my best friends and we were so glad she got to come over and visit. Everyone just can't get enough of this little boy!

I hope that everyone enjoys these pictures. I think they help, but only barely begin to scratch the surface of how amazing this whole experience has been. We know our Heavenly Father loves us, and has had a hand in our lives. He has answered our prayers by blessing our home with Aaron. We love him more than we can express! Thank you to everyone who has prayed and longed for this day to come!

1 comment:

  1. I just can't tell you how happy I am for you guys! I cried when I saw Aaron's sweet pictures - and Kelli you look so happy and full of joy and beautiful! Wish I could be there to come visit you and congratulate you in person! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete