Sunday, April 1, 2012

It's a boy!

Elcairs that she made for us!
 After quite a few years of waiting, and praying we are so happy to announce that we are going to be having a baby boy! No this is not an April fools joke, it is for real! Nate and I have been chosen by a most amazing young lady, who has such great faith in us, to place her little boy with us at the end of May.

We met her in February, and hit it off from the start. She and I have a lot in common, and we all felt really good about it. After talking with her through email for a couple of weeks, we went up to meet with her again. Both Nate and I did not know what to expect, we were just happy to meet with her again. We feel a strong connection with her, and were so grateful that she was even considering us. So we got the the agency where we were meeting, put our stuff down in the office, and went into a conference room where she was waiting for us. 

Not expecting anything we walked into a room completely covered in decorations! There were green and blue streamers, balloons, flowers, treats, and candies. I was stunned. We didn't know what was going on. So we went over to give her a hug, and she said, "You didn't read the board." Amazed that there might be more I turned around and on the white board on the wall read a message that she had written to us. It said, " Congratulations Nate and Kelli on becoming parents!"  Instantly the tears flowed. I was overcome with emotion, as was Nate. We were crying happy tears! We all cried and hugged and soaked up the spirit that filled that room. There aren't words to describe how we felt then, and how we feel now about this incredible blessing in our lives. We are forever grateful for her, for her faith in us, and for answered prayers

So, there you have it. We are going to be parents! We are still so thankful that she has chosen us, and even more blown away that she even threw us a little surprise party to let us know she had chosen us. She made us eclairs, with little blue frosting booties on top. She bought us baby balloons, and little mints with baby boy written on them, and she even bought us some flowers. I wish every one could know her. Our lives have certainly been blessed.

Now we are getting ready, We get to spend time with this amazing girl, and we love every minute of it. We are getting close to choosing a name, and excited to be parents and have a little baby boy to bring home. Just in case you were wondering her due date is May 21st.
Little surprises that she brought for us

2 comments:

  1. I just love it!! I can't wait to hear the name and to meet the little man. He is going to be smothered with love - that's for sure. Congrats, congrats we are all so very happy for you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so SO soooooo HAPPY for you two!!! Kelli send me your address so I can send a gift!

    ReplyDelete