Here we are well into summer and we have had such a great time! First off Aaron turned 1! Can you believe it? His birthday was on the 22nd of May, and we had a construction themed party for him. It was a blast. He loved all of his toys that he got, and enjoyed his cake too. I thought for sure he would dive into his cake with gusto and great excitement, be he just at one bit at a time and got sufficiently dirty. It was really cute.
I'm amazed at how time moves forward so quickly. Aaron also started walk right around 12 months, and now that he is almost 14 months he is running as fast as he can everywhere he goes. He sure does keep me busy, but I love it. :-) He is also talking nonstop and he loves to say ball, out, down, and Daddy. That is currently his favorite word. He does say "Ma Ma" when he is said.
This summer I decided to take the summer off from my usually BYU job and just stay home with Aaron. I really didn't want to work, and especially since I will be back to work full time for this next school year I want to take advantage of having the most time with my family and Aaron as possible. I have to say it has be WONDERFUL! Aaron and I go to 7 Peaks, we go swimming at every splash pad we can find, swimming in our own back yard, and at his aunt's house, and pretty much just have fun. He also likes to go hiking with Nate and I, and we took our first camping trip with him so far this summer and he loved it. The best part is just how dirty a one year old can get while camping. He was so happy playing in the dirt too. It's one of those things that you just can't stop so you might as well embrace while you are camping.
Nate has been busy at work, and he also just got promoted! He is now the Assistant Director of Nursing at the Orem Envision Hospice branch. He is way to modest about it, and acted all surprised that they wanted to promote someone who had only been working there 4-5 months, and has been a RN for less than a year. But if you know Nate at all you would not be surprised with the promotion. He is the hardest working person you can find. Not only does he work hard, but he does the job better than anyone else. Way to go Nate! (Can you tell I am a little proud of him)
In other good new, Jesse is doing really well and we hope for him to be back home with us by the end of the summer. He has made some great changes and is just happier. Plus he is just growing up and maturing a little so that is always good. We just keep praying that these changes are for good. The family he has been living with has been such a huge blessing. They are exactly what Jesse needed! They are wonderful!
So there is our little update followed with lots of fun pictures. Enjoy!
 |
| Aaron's 1st birthday cake! |
 |
| Our construction themed party food. |
 |
| 1st time camping |
 |
| Jesse on our camping trip. |
 |
| Hiking with Mom |
 |
| Dirt... |
 |
| Dirt.... |
 |
| And more dirt! |
 |
| Chilling in Daddy's chair watch a soccer game...No really he was watching a soccer game. He stayed like that for 20 min |
 |
| SUMMERFEST! |
 |
| Fun at the Provo Splash Pad |
 |
| He loves playing in water! |
 |
| We love the mountains! |
No comments:
Post a Comment