Monday, January 21, 2013

Happy Holidays...Belated


 Happy Christmas/New Year....a little late. Better said than not said at least. The holidays are so busy and yet at the same time the best time of the year. We had such a great season here at our house. It can be a little crazy when all of our family lives around us trying to get in every party and get together, but I think that we have it down to a good system now.

This year I felt even more excited for the holidays. I think a big part of that for me was having Aaron and getting excited for his first Christmas. I know he wouldn't really remember it, but I still had a good time getting things ready. I made my usual 7-8 batches of caramels, made homemade ornaments this year, and listened to plenty of Christmas music.

 One of my favorite holiday traditions is the "Ugly Christmas" party that we have with my family. It has gone from the ugly sweater party to the over all ugly Christmas part. We have a ball. I found Aaron a really ugly onsie at Savers, and the best part of my ugly 90's outfit was the awesome green hair bow that I borrowed from my nieces. It was great.

Another holiday highlight was seeing the Grinch at Nate's extended family Christmas party. I don't even know who it was, but some friend of the family dressed up as the Grinch and crashed the party. It was great! All of the little kids didn't know what to do with this character, but when we handed Aaron to him to get a picture Aaron just smiled! It was so great. I am glad I snaped a picture.

Jesse got to be with us for Christmas Eve, and all of Christmas day. It was great. He was very well behaved, and pleasant, and for the first time in a long time we had a really great Christmas with him. Christmas Eve we ate Tacos with Jay and Tracy. They were delicious as always. After Tacos we sang a few Christmas songs then went home and opened out Christmas eve gifts and went to bed.

Christmas morning was calm and happy. I loved watching Aaron open his first gifts and pulling on the paper. He loved watching everything that was going on around him and enjoying all of the people and sounds. We went over to my mom's after gifts and had our traditional huge breakfast, then hung out sharing gifts and being with the fam.

New Year's eve was also at my mom's. This year we played our favorite card game Bohnanza, or also know as Beano to us. And of course what would our New Years Eve celebration be without our tradition of blowing up a ginger bread house. This year we blew up the house that Andrea and Bronson made together. Lots of fun. We like to end our year with a bang!

Another year over. I am amazed at how fast it can go. This last year has been quite the ride for us. We have had some hard things, and struggles with Jesse, but we have also known the sweetest joy with our experience with Aaron. I can truly see the hand of the Lord in our lives and I am thankful for all that we have. I pray this new year will bring such great experiences as well.




The remains of the ginger bread house.
Our "ugly" Christmas outfits
Aaron and The Grinch

Christmas Eve Tacos. Jesse and Jordan.

No comments:

Post a Comment