 |
| I turn 3o and hit the bottle..... |
Well it's official, I am 30 years old! (Ooooooo, Ahhhhhhhh). It's kind of crazy to think about. I really don't feel like I am 30, but at the same time why not? I've lived 30 years, nothing to be ashamed of right? On my part there wasn't any grand meltdown, or eye opening experience this year on my birthday. I have always loved birthday's and this year we had a good time too.
I spent the day at work, then just chilling with my little Aaron, and at night I went to my mom's for some yummy cupcakes and a little birthday party with my family. Andrea made delicious dulche de leche cupcakes, and I must say I loved them. My sister Tara gave me some of my favorite children's books too, Skippy John Jones. If you haven't read those yet you should. They are hilarious. And Jen gave me 30 presents to up wrap in honor of my now being 30. It was so fun. Each of them had their own little inside joke between me and Jen. Like the floss she gave me because we use to always carry around floss in our pockets in high school. That way if anyone ever said, "Man I sure wish I had some floss" we could whip it out and say, "Here I just happen to have some." It was fun. I had a good birthday.
 |
| Bronson and I opening one of my 30 gifts. |
 |
| Grandpa and AJ |
This year my birthday was in the very same week of the best holiday EVER! Thanksgiving! We love Thanksgiving here in our home. Nate and I have always said it is our favorite. The best thing about Thanksgiving this year (even better than our amazing turkey) was having Jesse be able to eat with us.
Jesse has been in state custody since May, and it has really been a bumpy road, but on Thanksgiving it was amazing! Jesse was awesome! He was happy, upbeat, POSITIVE, helpful, and just wonderful to be around. He helped without being asked, he didn't complain about a thing, and we had some great conversation with him too. It was really so amazing seeing him do so well. And such an answer to prayers. I know he still has issues to work through, but it was so refreshing to see progress. To see him happy and just enjoying being with us. What a great day!
Nate and I made the turkey's this year. I brined and roasted a turkey and Nate deep friend on. They were both so juicy and delicious. We ate dinner with the Measom side of the family and all of my siblings were there, with all of my cute nephews, and my grandma and grandpa Measom came too. After dinner my siblings and I with our families walked over to the park and played soccer (Jesse's new interest) and football. It was chilly, but fun. Then we spent some time eating pie, talking, watching Football before we all went home and went to bed. This Thanksgiving was a great start to our holiday season!
 |
| Jesse waiting for Turkey |
 |
| Our delicious turkey. One roasted and one deep fried. |
 |
| Playing at the park with our little family on Thanksgiving. |
No comments:
Post a Comment