Saturday, October 6, 2012

What a big boy!

Ok, so we are your typical first time parents. We gush over every small smile, every laugh we can pull out, and every firs moment that our little Aaron has. A few weeks ago we had yet another wonderful first. Aaron's eating cereal! It was better than Christmas morning (or Thanksgiving for Nate and I) to strap the bib around Aaron's next, mix up the rice cereal, and give him his first spoonful or "big boy" food. I was waiting for him to spit it back in my face, or slap the spoon out of my hand, but just like the good baby he is he just ate it up and loved it. It was funny because he kept tipping his head backwards while I was trying to feed him, but he got the hang of it and loves it.
  I am so thankful for these moments! Maybe its because Nate and I waited our nine years to finally have these first moments, but every single one of them is treasured. I can't wait to get up in the morning and go get Aaron from his crib. He smiles at me every morning. That is the best part of my day, looking at that smiling face waiting for mommy to get him out of bed. I know all parents love their children, but our love for our son is so deep, thick, strong, and pure that I pray everyone will be able to have this great love in their own lives. How grateful it makes us for the plan of our own loving Father in Heaven! Family is what it is all about!
Lane and Aaron, best buddies


No comments:

Post a Comment