Wednesday, August 15, 2012

A little bit of the best

We have had such a great summer! I can't believe that it is coming to an end. I sadly realized today that tomorrow is my official first day back at work. But there is good news to be heard. I'm happily going from full time to part time work for this next school year. I only have to work half days and that means the rest of my time I get to be with my little guy, Aarom. :-) Also in the spirit of good news Nate is graduating from Nursing school! YEAH! He has been working so hard, and it is all paying off. His graduation is this Saturday. next up, taking the NCLEX exam and finding a job.

 Here is our little guy smiling at his daddy! Aaron has been growing so much. He's smiles are getting bigger and bigger, and he is starting to have his first real laughs too. Sometimes it takes a bit of coaxing, but when he get him to laugh is makes his whole face light up.
 We have also been having a good time trying different styles out on our AJ. My sister-in-law lent me this hat, so I just had to try it out on Aaron. It was so, so, so, so, so cute. I couldn't stop smiling. He didn't seem to mind wearing it either.
 Aaron has recently discovered his hands too. He likes to grab toys and blankets that are near his side and promptly put them in his mouth. He usually doesn't hang out too long, but he is getting better and better with it everyday. I can't believe he is getting so big!
 Nate has been spending a lot of time out in Payson helping his dad, Jay, build his house. The biggest project so far was putting the trusses on the house. I know Nate and Jay do this kind of work all of the time, but it did make me a little nervous. Nate is up standing on the framing of the house, while the trusses are hanging in the air above him, while he and Jay guide them to the house, and nail them on. I thought he was going to fall at any second, but of course he didn't.
 In July we also went to our niece Mia's singing competition. Mis is about to go into the 6th grade, and this was her first singing competition. She sang Adelle's "Rollin in the deep." She rocked it too! I told her after how proud I was of her. I like to sing, but I am not a big fan of singing by myself or singing solos, and she already performed in front of a large group. So much braver than me. Way to go Mia!
 A major highlight of our summer was a visit from Aaron's birth parents, JT and Emma. They came down to visit us at the end of June. We had a blast of course. When I first saw them I ran out of the house to give them a hug. I couldn't help myself I a just so happy to see them. We hung out, at dinner and then drove up the canyon to show them Bridal Veil Falls.
 We enjoyed the little walk up the canyon. The only downside was we just didn't have enough time to hang out. For Nate and I at least time just seemed to fly by. It was so good to have them come.
Kelli and Emma at the falls
Emma, JT, and Aaron
 Now, that Aaron is getting a little older and stronger we decided to go on our first family hike. Aaron loves to be outside, just like his mommy and daddy. He is also really good at holding up his head, and loves looking around. So we headed up Provo Canyon and hiked up to Big Springs. It is an easy hike, only about 1.5 miles but we had a great time.
 Everyone we passed just cooed and said how cute Aaron is. Of course they are right, he is just the cutest thing ever! The hike was great. Aaron feel asleep for some of it, but most of the time he was wide awake, smiling and looking around.
Aaron and Kel on our first hike.
Aaron and Nate, taking a break in the shade.
 Another great thing we go to do in the last month was attend our niece Rachel's baptism. Rachel was baptized on the 4th of August. She was so excited. She also asked me to give a talk on the Holy Ghost at her baptism too.
The baptism was special and full of the spirit. I love feeling the rush of the spirit that comes into the room when they walk in to the font. Rachel was smiling, even though the water was a little cold, and you could feel strongly how much Heavenly Father loves her. It was a good day.

1 comment:

  1. What a cute little guy! So fun to see your family Kelli. Hooray for Nate graduating!

    ReplyDelete