Monday, December 26, 2011

Happy Christmas, New Year!

I recently got an idea from my good friend Jenny Lynn to share what I have learned/relearned, or put a fight in learning this past year. Now I will get to how I feel about this past year. Here in the Mansanarez home we have had some really ups! Like Nate being in nursing school. But we have also had some real downers too. Like... thinking we were actually getting a baby and having it be a freak case of fraud. But as I look back on the year I am grateful for so many things. I will share by also sharing some recent pictures.

 This is a picture of myself with my two nieces Violette and Jocelynn. They are both so sweet and cute and happy. From them I have learned that I can always find happiness. No matter what else is happening in my life happiness can come if we choose it.


 This is a picture of Nate carving the turkey that I made for second a Thanksgiving. Every year we literally have a second Thanksgiving dinner with different people, but usually with my friend Kate. I have learned that 2nd Thanksgiving in my most favorite Holiday. I have learned that we all need friends, and I am so thankful for the good people and friends that both Nate and I have.

 This is a picture of Jen's newest little boy Lane Timothy. He was born on Dec. 20th, and I was blessed to be in the delivery room. IT WAS AMAZING! Jen is amazing, and this little guy is the cutest thing ever. I have learned that even though I have no children of my own, that the Lord still knows my heartache and desires.

 These cute kids are my niece Mia, and my nephew Blake (both from Nate's side). This is us on Christmas Eve. I have learned that even though I may not have kids now I can be the best dang aunt ever!!! Plus when they get all grumpy and such we just give them back...JK I love them.

 This is also from Christmas Eve. This is my new little nephew Ashton. Also from Nate's side, and he is such a snuggler. I love holding him. And again I have learned this year to have patience in the Lord's timing. Sometimes I hate it, sometimes I want to push it along, but I know I have to wait. I don't know why, I just know I have to.

 This is Jesse and I on Christmas morning. Nate got me some sweet kick boxing gloves, and this is the first thing I did. Hit the teenager. Just kidding! (Kind of) A major lesson I have learned this year is that sometimes no matter how much you really want to help someone, in the end they always have to help themselves.

 Nate and I. And this isn't a lesson that I've learned, but just something I feel every day. I LOVE THIS MAN!


And finally this is a huge family picture of Nate's dad and his wife Tracy and her kids and Nate's siblings. This is out on their farm in Payson. The lesson that I have for this pictures is that no matter how different we each are, no matter who comes in and out of our lives, we are all family! I am thankful for family.  Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment