Sunday, January 16, 2011

Surviving Christmas

This is Nate Christmas morning with his stocking. He got a thermas.
As always the crazy holiday season has come and gone. We are proud to say that we have survived yet another year. This is easier said then done. 

This year the during the last week of school I got sick.... really sick. But being the stubborn person I am, it took me a good 4 days to get to the doctor. Nate was taking good care of me though. Even after that I still tried to go into work. On Friday, the last day of school before the break, I went into work (after Nate told me I shouldn't because I was too sick still) and I was in so much pain. My classroom aide (and good friend) Brylie kicked me out. But in her great wisdom, knowing that I would not leave my classroom easily, she went and got a principal, and had him come into the room to tell me that I was sick, and it was time to go. "Have a great Christmas break and get better."

So that was a good start to our Christmas week. On top of that, I lost my coupon binder! (GASP!) For me that is like loosing my right arm, and then our dishwasher broke. Ahhhhhhh..... Happy Christmas to us. But we took the hits, picked our selves back up and kept on going. What else can you do. After I got over the illness, started over with my coupons (taking a sufficient week to morn the loss of a years worth of coupon brilliance) we ended up having a nice Christmas together, and with our families.

Christmas Eve we spent with the Mansanarez siblings eating Tacos, playing games, playing guitars, and having a good time. It was calm and happy. Christmas morning we ate a yummy breakfast with the Measom side of the family. My mom made her traditional apple pancakes, and a delicious mountain man breakfast. It was really good. Before breakfast we also got an opportunity to stop and help someone whose car had broken down on the side of the road. After we were done Nate said, "It really wouldn't be Christmas if we didn't get to help other people. What good are we if we can't help others." What a good man. In the middle of present giving and thinking about ourselves, he helped us all to think more about Christ, and why we really love this time of year. 

Then we headed off to grandparents houses, and finished the day off with Nate's dad and step mom. But the most important memory I will have of this Christmas is the spirit I felt with Nate took the time to truly remember the Savior, and give back to others. Everything else falls into the background when we remember the One who gave everything for us. It was a very merry Christmas.

Jesse is wearing his new lacrosse helmet which was also his stocking this year.

Kel with her new taco cooking pan.

This was Kel's stocking this year. A new dishwasher!

Jesse and his new foosbal game.

Nate's favorite present. His new remote control helicopter. Such a child at heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment