Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Our Summer Vacation

This summer we went to Lincoln City, in Oregon. My mom grew up in Oregon, and every 5 years or so we make it out there to spend time with our family. This year my mom put together a little family reunion with all of her siblings and parents.

It was fun to see the family and get to spend some time with them because we do not get to see them too often. My mom is the oldest of 4 kids. She has two sisters and one brother.

When we got there we were able to stay in a sweet beach house. It was only 1/2 block away from the beach and it had 5 bedrooms, plus a studio apartment above the garage. The highlight of the house was the hot tub! Nate and I have decided that when all the stars align we will get a hot tub to have at our house. They are so relaxing.

This picture is Nate and I after we had done  our morning jog on the beach. We got to the end of the beach where the rock cliffs came out, so we decided to climb on them and see what we could find. After scampering around a corner we found a little hidden beach. It was fun.

One thing Nate as excited about, was being able to have fresh sea food. He loves sea food, and I think it stinks and tastes bad, but it looks delicious. Every time I look at it I want to try it and I usually do, but then it just tastes bad.

While we were in Oregon Nate got to go crab fishing with my uncles. So he got to eat fresh crab, salmon, and fish and chips.

In this picture Nate is walking with Jesse and our nephew Bronson. I saw Nate stick his hands in his pockets, then Jesse looked over and did the same, then Bronson looked over and followed suit. It was so dang cute that I had to span this picture. Everyone just wants to be like Nate. :)


Every morning while we were there I would go and run on the beach for about a mile. Bronson wanted to run with me. I was thinking that he was going to get tired and need a break, but he ran the entire time! Holy Cow this kid is tuff! I kept asking him if he needed to walk and he would say, "NO, RUN!" Man this kid needs to be on the track team.

On this trip we also went fishing, bought some yummy salt water taffy (a must when you go to the beach, visited the Tilamock cheese factory, and spent some time making a sand sea horse on the beach. It was a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment