Monday, October 3, 2011

Is it October Already???

Nate and Kel on their trip to Steamboat Springs
 It's amazing how quickly life can roll with out even realizing it. About a month ago we moved into our new house, and I have been so busy unpacking, starting a new school year, getting to know our new neighbors, and helping Jesse and Nate with school, that I looked up at the calendar and was shocked the other day when I discovered that it was indeed October already!

I have always loved this time of year. I love Utah in the fall. One of our favorite things to do in the fall is drive up the canyon and look at the changing colors. A couple of weekends ago, Nate and I went backpacking up in the Uintah mountains with my dad and my brother Kevin. It was just a quick one day trip but we had a lot of fun. It had been a couple of years since we went back packing so we had a good time. Any time we can spend in the mountains is time well spent. Any time we send together is our favorite time!
Kel's first fish. We were fishing on the Elk River

Nate is busy with nursing school, but he is doing well. Jesse is loving high school, and maybe his new high school freedom a little too much. His birthday is this week and he will be turning 16. It is crazy to think that he is already 16 and that he has lived with us 3 years. I'm pretty sure he will like being 16. It seems at that age you just can't wait to grow up.

We recently renewed our profile with LDS family services so we wait hopefully that someone will pick our family to place the child with, but until then we love the life that we live. We love each other, and we love the gospel. After watching conference this last weekend we have renewed hope and faith in his plan for us. How truly blessed we are.
Nate caught this big guy right after the sun went down.

We took this picture after we took a large family picture with Jay and Tracy and our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment