Saturday, November 13, 2010

Pumpkin Fun!

Well it is better late then never that I share with you all of our pumpkin carving fun.

I guess like everything else in the Mansanarez home we never do anything half way. If we are cleaning, we clean till things shine. If we are building something, it is built to perfection. And of course if we are carving pumpkins we shoot for the moon.

This is my first pumpkin that I carved the Saturday before the 30th. Nate's family was carving then, and I knew it would go rotten before I even had one trick-or-treater so I whipped out this simple  pumpkin on pumpkin carving. I just thought the idea of carving a picture of pumpkins on a pumpkin on a pumpkin would be fun.

It actually turned out pretty good do wouldn't you say?


 
This next pumpkin is my favorite. On Friday night before the happy candy day, we (Nate, Jesse, and myself) went over to my mom's house and carved pumpkins with Jen, Tim, Bronson, Cooper, Andrea, Kevin, and his wife Jenna. 

I wanted to do a witch pumpkin but I could find anything cool. Even though I really like carving pumpkins I can't really come up with a template myself. I can follow someone's really well though. So I look for a while online till I found this one.

At first while I was carving it I thought that no one would be able to tell what it was. So I went ahead and finished, and to my wonderful surprise once I put the candles in it you could tell. This one was fun to carve. I liked that they witch was holding a little lizard over a boiling pot. And with all the luck in the world I didn't even break any of it.

 
And last but not least, this is the pumpkin that Nate carved. He looked all over for something fun to do as well and found that someone had carved a death star from star wars, so that is what he did.

I thought it was a little funny because we don't ever watch or really care about star wars, but yet we had a star wars pumpkin. It was cool though. We had a ton of people on Halloween asking us how he did that, or saying things like "Sweet, the death star." Mostly it was the parents not the kids, but at least we could entertain every one.

So there is a little bit about our Halloween (even though it was a little late). Things have been crazy, but good. Hope you all enjoy!  Don't forget Thanksgiving is closing in. I LOVE Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment